Medical facilities in Tbilisi are available but can be expensive. Outside Tbilisi, medical facilities are limited. Make sure you have adequate travel health insurance and accessible funds to cover the cost of any medical treatment abroad and repatriation.
Poisonous snakes are common, particularly in early summer.
Bottled water is available in the cities. We take water with us. The springs in the mountain are usually clean if they come directly from the rock and other people regularly drink from them.
If you need emergency medical assistance during your trip, dial 033 from a landline or 112 from a mobile and ask for an ambulance. You should contact your insurance/medical assistance company immediately if you are referred to a medical facility for treatment.
Health and Safety
- The relevant insurance (we recommend activity holiday insurance level) must be purchased for the duration of the tour and a copy given to your lead tour guide on arrival in Tbilisi.
- Bike rental damage will be charged at the replacement part cost and a receipt will be issued for insurance purposes.
- Care is taken to avoid accidents and whilst all of our staff are trained in basic first aid in the event of a serious accident Georiders staff will be on hand to ensure swift and proper care is given to the rider and/or the rider is safely moved to a facility offering the necessary care. And of course in the worst case scenarios we will contact family members and the relevant authorities to organize repatriation.
- Our guides will advise of extreme riding conditions and evaluate the tour route continually, some of the areas where we ride are prone to landslides and in this event if it is deemed unfit for purpose or dangerous the tour route can and will be changed in order to protect our customers from potential harm. Our guides will constantly advise you of potentially dangerous riding sections however it is up to the individual to take the necessary precautions to avoid serious injury and/ or death from dangerous riding.
- The safety of our customers is paramount to us and we will do everything possible to ensure your safety during your stay in The Republic of Georgia. In order to help us achieve this goal please adhere strictly to the advice of our guides at all times. (It may save your life!)
- Helmets must be worn at all times whilst riding and we advise the use of gloves, elbow pads and knee pads for long and potentially dangerous descents. Helmets can be hired from us at an additional daily charge. (See bike hire).
- If you have a problem with your kit during the ride make sure you promptly tell the guide.